LEATHER FURNITURE CLEANING
Chem-Dry, the world’s largest carpet and upholstery cleaner, offers premier services in Leather Furniture cleaning and maintenance. Over time, body oils, perspiration, skin acids and other soils can work their way into leather furniture. Many cleaning products are not appropriate for leather, and may break down leather finishes, leading to dryness and cracking. Chem-Dry leather products are safe and effective for your leather furniture. With regular cleaning by our Certified Leather Specialist, you can prevent undue wear and keep your leather furniture looking great for years to come.
Causes of Leather Deterioration
- Oils and Grease : Body oils from both humans and animals attach and hold onto leather. Hair and hand oils are easily transferred to the head cushions and arm rests of the furniture and can cause serious damage to the protective finishes found on leather couches.
- Atmospheric Soils : Consider the dust that builds up on a coffee table or desk over a week’s time. This same dust is being deposited on your leather. In addition to this dust there are airborne cooking oils and atmospheric pollutants present, to some degree, in every home.
- Common Soils : These soils include the common dirt tracked in from outside along with sand and fibers from plants. The fibers are brought in the home by adults, kids and pets and attach to the leather every time the furniture is used.
- Dyes and Inks : The inks from newsprint in newspapers can readily be deposited on leather. Clothes such as denims can transfer dye onto leather in a process called dye transfer. The direct ink from a leaky pen or the aspiring toddler artist should not be forgotten.
Scuffs, Scratches, Cuts and Fading
Over the life of your furniture you are bound to experience some of the common problems associated with all leather furniture. Our Chem-Dry Certified Technicians are trained to address these problems. Chem-Dry® has access to 60 stock pigment colors similar to the ones used in the tanning process to repair the inevitable scrape or scratch on protected leathers. We can also revitalize color on sensitive aniline leathers.
How Often Should I Clean My Leather Furniture?
A regular cleaning schedule including professional cleaning 4 times a year is recommended.
In between professional cleanings you can maintain the health and beauty of your leather furniture by cleaning with Chem-Dry Soft Cleaner and rejuvenating the protection with Chem-Dry Protection Cream. Both products are found in the Chem-Dry Home Leather Care Kit.
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout Hemet, San Jacinto, Perris, Nuevo, Temecula, Murrieta, Elsinore, Menifee, Riverside, Corona, Norco, Redlands and Canyon Crest, California.
Blue Sky Chem-Dry
Toll Free: (866) 776-9198
(951) 652-9331 Hemet, San Jacinto, Perris, Nuevo
(951) 674-2800 Temecula, Murrieta, Elsinore, Menifee
(951) 776-9198 Riverside, Corona, Norco, Redlands